I’m excited to announce today that Tula Software will be helping to organize support amongst our customers for a fantastic organization, Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC). We’ll be coordinating with our customer base to participate in LBBC’s Reach & Raise fundraising event, which will be held nationwide September 17th and 18th, 2016.
Founded in 1991, LBBC is a 4-Star Charity Navigator nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with trusted breast cancer information and a community of support. National conferences, monthly webinars, regional community meetings, the Guides to Understanding Breast Cancer, award-winning blogs, and a toll-free Breast Cancer Helpline are just a few examples of the services that are provided, always at little or no cost.
Our aim is to engage as many of our customers as possible, implement what we refer to as a “full stack donation system” and activate our collective networks to participate in LBBC’s nationwide yoga fundraiser, “Reach & Raise on the Road.”
In addition to a free month of software use, we’ll also be working with a host of other companies to offer promotions and incentives for you and your students to participate.
We’ve been thinking for some time about an idea we’ve had that we internally refer to as a “credit for a cause”, which I’ll write a separate post about later, but this gives us the perfect opportunity to begin working on this “full stack donation system” while also supporting a fantastic event and bringing our community of studios together for a cause.
Here’s how it’ll work:
- LBBC is holding the nationwide yoga fundraiser the weekend of September 17th/18th
- Tula Software will encourage studios that use Tula Software to participate in this event by offering them a free month of software use by participating
- Studios reach out to their respective communities to get students involved and purchase the credit for a cause (the cause in this case being LBBC).
- Students purchase a credit for a cause pass.
- This credit will be the first credit used at their next class attendance.
- We suggest instructors forego any incentive pay for anyone redeeming their “LBBC credit for a cause” pass.
We think it’s a beautifully simple idea, and that this full stack donation system allows everyone in the community to participate and contribute, all while relieving any single participant from carrying too heavy of a burden.
We can do this from a technology standpoint by using Tula Software and making a few customizations. The studios that use our software will be able to accept donations via payment forms that are already sitting on their websites and iOS apps, and the donations will be able to be made by students who already have credit cards on file with the studios they go to. Then, these donations will be sent directly to LBBC.
From a technical standpoint, it works like this:
- We’ll deploy the same pass type to each participating studio.
- Their students can then purchase the pass.
- The pass will then be good for 30 days.
- The money used to purchase these specific pass types goes to the recipient(s) stripe account - which in this case, is LBBC.
We met the LBBC team for the first time at the NamasDay festival in Philadelphia. When we learned about their Reach & Raise fundraiser, we thought credit for a cause would be a fantastic way to support them.
We’re looking forward to working with LBBC in the months ahead, and we’ll be reaching out to studios that use our software to encourage participation. And of course, if you’re a Tula customer and want to be a part of this coordinated effort, please email us at [help at tulasoftware dot com] or just get in touch via the support channel in the software.
We’re looking forward to seeing just what we can do with your help for this wonderful organization!